What’s New (Version 1.6.1)?
- Option to remember your icon settings upon plugin deactivation
- Fixed a MYSQL insert error when upgrading to the 1.6.0 version
- Added addtional deactivation/uninstall function updates
What’s New (Version 1.6.0)?
- Added optional CCS3 and jQuery animation effects! (supports most modern browsers)
- Effects include: Bounce, Drop, Expand, Fade In, Fade Out, Flip Horizontal, Flip Vertical, Glow, Highlight, Rotate, Shake and Shrink
- Added BandMix, CD Baby, Sonic Bids, Trip Advisor and Zune networks
- Added ability to change title on Add To Favorites icons
- Added instructions for adding [RAW] tags to the shortcode
- Removed the code that deletes the database settings table upon deactivation
- Fixed a broken link to the iiRe Productions website
What’s New (Version 1.5.2)?
- Extensive testing under WordPress 3.5.1
- Change plugin to mostly social networks.
- Changed the revision numbering scheme
- Updated the installer
- Additional networks and icons added. See supported networks
- updated some networks default sample links
- Updated graphic sprites for all icon themes
- Updated Twitter, Google Plus and My Space logos
- New additional email icon that uses HTML mailto: function
- New Camera(Photo Gallery), Map, Profile, ICQ, Music Staff and Shopping Cart icons
- Added the Cutouts Circular Light theme
- Added the Cutouts Rectangular Light theme
- Added the Cutouts Rectangular Dark theme
- Added 2 additional blank icons (3 total)
- Added dark backgrounds to the Widget/Shortcode Designer when a light-colored theme is selected
- Added responsive widget/shortcode width option in the Widget/Short Designers for better integration with responsive WordPress themes
- Adjusted the minimum width of the Widget/Shortcode Designers to improve the display in mobile tablets
- Optimzed the Add This Social Bookmarking integration
- Optimized the CSS code generation in the Widget/Shortcode Designers for improved performance
- Created a seperate CSS file for the pop email dialog
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
What are the plugin requirements?
The admin section requires Jquery and Jquery UI to be enabled. These libraries are usually included with your WordPress install, then initialized on the widget and shortcode admin pages.
Why two different admin panels for the widget and the shortcode?
All settings for the widget and the shortcode are stored independently. The widget(best used in the sidebar) and the shortcode(best used on a page or post) can be designed differently, with different themes, size, icon order, etc.
Can I add my own icons?
Yes, you can create a “custom1” (up to 5 respectively) folder under the plugin themes directory. Each icon theme is designed as a set of individual image sprites (All the icons are arranged in a grid as a single image), so your “icon grid” must match the layout on one of the other themes. Icons are not available as individual files.
How were the icons created?
All icons were designed in-house at iiRe Productions using high-resolution vector images. This method helps us to produce the highest quality images.
How do I access all the icons?
The free version of this plugin has limited access to certain social networks. If you would like to receive a registration code to unlock these, please consider making a donation or purchasing the full version.
How do I register with my activation code?
In the Widget Designer, click the “Registration” header in the lower right. Enter your e-mail address and activation key, then click the “Activate Registration” button. You should see a success prompt and the screen will refresh. All the icons should then be available for use.
How do I change the default links for each icon?
In the Widget or Shortcode Designer, just double-click the desired icon to display the title/link icon and enter the appropriate values.
Why two different email icons?
The first email icon launches a pop up dialog w/ a form using jQuery UI. The second email icon uses the http://mailto: function and launches the visitor’s email client, such as Outlook.
When do I enable the responsive options?
If you are using a WordPress theme that is designed to adapt to different devices, such as tablets and smart phones, set the “Responsive” width option to “Yes”. The width of the Widget or Shortcode containers will adjust automatically.
How do I remember my icon settings?
Before deactivating the plugin, go to the Widget Designer, General Settings and set the Remember Icons select box to Yes.
If you are using the iiRe Social Icons plugin on your site, please let us know so we can see it in action!